ORTHOTICS AND BRACES
BECAUSE FEET ARE THE FIRST STEP
Feet are the foundation of the body, acting as the support for everything above them. When we have a problem with our feet, we often change the way we walk, starting a chain reaction which creates additional problems in the form of joint stress, posture problems, and pain.
Lively Rayside Physiotherapy uses state-of-the-art GaitScan™ technology to detect and analyze potential posture and gait problems. If a problem is detected, our professionals will fit you with custom-made, prescription orthotics specifically designed to target your symptoms. These pieces function by realigning and re-stabilizing bones in the feet, ultimately restoring your natural walk and step.
TEST YOUR NEED FOR ORTHOTIC SUPPORT
Tight muscles can restrict joints. A trained physiotherapist can passively stretch tight muscles, improving flexibility by using muscle energy techniques. In keeping with our active approach to recovery, patients will also be taught how to stretch muscles at home, ensuring that gains that have been achieved in-office will not be lost once treatment ends.
If any of the following statements sounds familiar, our custom orthotics may help you feel better, from the ground up:
• My feet are sore on a regular basis
• I spend a good portion of the day standing or walking on hard surfaces
• I play sports regularly (tennis, golf, basketball, etc.)
• Standing, walking or running gives me joint pain (ankles, knees, hip or back)
• I am over 40 years old
• I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc.)
• One of my legs is shorter than the other
• I have knock-knees or bow-legs
• My shoes wear out quickly and unevenly
• My feet “toe out” when I walk
• My parents had foot-related symptoms
LIVELY . RAYSIDE